Thursday, March 3, 2011

januebuary...or what we've been up to... :).. part one...

Well, let's see since I really haven't written much, if anything in the past two months, I thought I'd let you know a little what we've been up to.  Here are some things we've been doing...1. grocery shopping...it seems like we do this way too often (at least for my taste as I so tire of going to the grocery store)  Alas my family likes to eat and so we continue to go and purchase milk, eggs, veges, fruit, and the such.  Eric is my big helper lately at the store... he likes to carry his own hand held basket (instead of riding in the basket) and loves to put things into it that he'd like to buy...some we get, some we don't.  :)  Here's him checking out some ice someone threw out, I could just see his mind working...thinking...hmm should I pick it up and eat it, or throw it, or jump up and down in it... he stood there thinking for about 2 minutes before I could tear him away. 
Bryant sits up front and center and constantly chants.."hold, hold..."  meaning that he wants to hold everything I pick- up to buy.  He then holds them for a moment or three and then proceeds to throw them in the basket in back of him.  (I have decided to only give him softer things, so he doesn't break our eggs or smash bread.  He's getting so big now and talking so much.
2.  Now of course since we keep going to said grocery store each week, we must be doing something to facilitate the need to return there...yes, we eat...again and again.  Here are some cheeser pictures of the kids doing just such. And you have to see the pictures of Eric on his bed...having breakfast in bed.  Rachel had heard Eric mentioning that he would like to have breakfast in bed one night and asked me whispering in my ear early the next morning if she could take him some.  So of course the answer was yes. (I try to foster serving and being nice to each other in our home..:)  Eric was excited and surprised.  Rachel I think was just as thrilled, if not more so.  She of course stayed in and ate with him.  It was a fun moment in time.



3. and to run off the energy we get as we consume all that food...well, thanks to the wonderul winter weather here in Las Vegas...we have been enjoying the park...a lot!  Bryant is big enough now that he doesn't like me to follow him around, and he knows his limits and strengths and can slide down the slides all by himself.  It's nice to just let them play...especially if I have a friend or two there as well and can have some adult conversation.  :)
4. A first for our big boy...a haircut for little man Bryant.  I can't believe he's getting so big.  His hair was getting so long, I just couldn't stand it anymore.  He sat so still while I cut his hair - I really couldn't believe it.
of course I did have some fun t.v. show playing to keep his attention too.
During.

And after... He looks so Big...not a baby anymore...SIGH...
Stayed tuned for more fun....

2 comments:

Kristine said...

It really freaks me out when I read your blog or FB because our little men are identical. I swear they do the same things at the same time. Micah just got a haircut this week too. And Bryant looks so cute with his and so grown up. And the story about Rachel wanting to make Eric breakfast in bed is precious. What a great big sister.

Tringali Family said...

Fun stuff for you guys! Your baby is so big! Crazy!