
Yes - I'm taking a few classes (PDE Classes to earn credits to keep my teaching liscence - just in case I need it someday) - I started the first one yesterday. This one is called " using the Newspaper as a tool in your classroom" I thought it looked really interesting. It was so fun. (maybe half of that was that I had no kids with me for four hours) For this first class we met at the ReviewJournal (the las vegas newspaper) and met the editor in chief, had people from each department come and talk to us and took a tour of the whole place. It was fascinating! I didn't get a picture of the newsroom itself, where all the reporters were working, but I remembered on the rest of the tour that I had my camera phone, so I snapped some shots - they aren't great, but I wanted to show my kids. They got such a kick out of it when I got home. "Mom, did you go to the newspaper?;" "mom, how was your class.;" and rachel "Mom, you go to your class." So I showed them my pictures and the free newspaper they let me take home. (Jeff liked that - and he survived five hours alone with three kids - I think he was proud of himself! :)
THis is just some of the many huge rolls of newsprint paper in their warehouse - They usually have a 33 day supply at any time. Each roll weighs about a ton and is shipped via train. I thought it looked like giant rolls of toilet paper stacked up!
I sure am glad I don't need this much ink for my computer printer! :) - think of the cost of replacing that! - These (if you haven't guessed) are the containers of ink for the press.
THis is just some of the many huge rolls of newsprint paper in their warehouse - They usually have a 33 day supply at any time. Each roll weighs about a ton and is shipped via train. I thought it looked like giant rolls of toilet paper stacked up!
I sure am glad I don't need this much ink for my computer printer! :) - think of the cost of replacing that! - These (if you haven't guessed) are the containers of ink for the press.
THis picture isn't very good and doesn't do this gianormus printing press any justice. It is about 5 stories hight and each press is eight towers long.(they have 2 presses) It was really quite amazing.
3 comments:
This is really cool. Thanks for sharing.
Awesome-- Do they do tours to any one? I think that would be a cool class to take.
VERY cool! Way to go on keeping updated in your education!!!! And what a great way to learn and get a break! Good work keeping the kids in line, Jeff!
Post a Comment