Saturday, January 12, 2008

Dandelion wishes and flushing wars


Dandelions. I have a love/hate relationship with them. I love them, because my children pick them anytime they see them and say "mom, a flower for you, put it in your hair" It started with just Andrew, but now Rachel does it too. Now, the hate part (that might be a bit of a strong word) is that my children have to always pick them - no matter how late we are or what I want them to be doing, they see one and they pick it - but how do you get mad at them when they are giving you flowers. :) I love that andrew has picked up the blowing dandelion(when they turn white) and you make a wish on it. THe other day we were taking a walk, he saw one, picked it, blew it and said"I wish daddy would be home, so I can play with him." I thought it was so sweet. Jeff was soon home from work and Andrew was happy.
Flushing wars. We continue to potty train in our home - Rachel is doing good, we even had a whole day without accident Thursday! Going to the bathroom is somewhat exciting right now and the bathroom seems to be the place to be. Well, andrew is good about getting excited about Rachel's new found potty ventures and gives her high fives and good jobs, but yesterday he flushes her toilet - Rachel is not happy about this. Crying ensues. I try to make it fair, so I tell andrew next time he uses the toilet, Rachel gets to flush. "Mom, if rachel flushes I will be sad." (I try to explain that is how Rachel felt when he flushed for her. Of course he doesn't get it, but still doesn't want Rachel to flush for him. Being obedient though he lets her, and then cries because as he says "Now I'm sad mom, I wanted to flush" Such toilet drama! Oh, brother is all I can say.

4 comments:

janeen said...

We use to have the same toilet issue, I say use to because lately both my children are constantly forgetting to flush. Kids!

Mandy Waters said...

fredfredI guess when we were potty trainning Braden Benjamin would teach him the ropes. He told Braden that you have to flush the toliet but sometimes the poopies sneak back up. We use a little potty chair for Braden because if we don't he withholds. I hate emptying these things. Yuck, I'm always walking into the bathroom with a little surprise waiting for me in it for me to dump.

Mandy Waters said...

I guess when we were potty trainning Braden Benjamin would teach him the ropes. He told Braden that you have to flush the toliet but sometimes the poopies sneak back up. We use a little potty chair for Braden because if we don't he withholds. I hate emptying these things. Yuck, I'm always walking into the bathroom with a little surprise waiting for me in it for me to dump.

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

I'm glad that Rachel's continiuing to do well at her potty-training!!! I thought it was pretty funny that she escaped from the car at the park. :) It helps to know that I'm not the only one with a child with a mind of his own!!!!!!