Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Popsicles are magic!!!

I bet you didn't know this, but I do. I have now decided that popsicles are great. But maybe I should take you back to the begining of the story...... It started a couple of weeks ago when some of my friends kids had croup (actually there have been a few kids that have had it.) Well, at the time rachel had an ear infection and was on antibiotics and I said something about I'm glad that it's not croup since that's been going around, well the universe must have heard me, because bam! My kids now have croup. Andrew's the worst, Rachel's case is mild but persistant, and Eric - it's about the same as Rachel's with an added runny nose from teething. So needless to say, they've all a bit grouchy, but worst is I haven't been able to get them to eat. Drink, very little. (I even pulled out all their favorite foods, which they passed up.) Well last night I finally went online after ANdrew had a bad c0ughing fit and I had made some warm lemonade to try and help. (it was all I could think of and it worked) ANyway I tried a few different pediaric websites that I use for reference and all of them mentioned popsicles or ice chips or have them suck on some hard candy. So this morning we picked out some popsicles and not only would they eat those, but afterthe popsicles they wanted to eat some lunch as well... Yippee! Now I feel a little better, because at least they are not starving themselves.I haven't tried the hard candy yet, but I think my kids would rather popsicles over the candy anyway. So celebrate today - go have a popsicle and feel a little better! (about whatever! )

3 comments:

The Wynn Family said...

I am so sorry. Coup is scary! I hope your kids get over it soon-- Let me know if there is anything you need.. I have just about everything.. humidifier, chest rub, etc... Since we have been through it multiple times. And yes we resorted to Popsicles too they are amazing!

Tringali Family said...

I too am sorry you guys are all sick. Let me know if I can help out in any way! I am great at running errands or going to the store!

Nay said...

Poor kids! Poor momma! Being sick is yucky for everyone. Thanks for the tip about popsicles. Get better soon!