Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Veteran's Day



Well Veteran's day around our house is a pretty normal day, considering that it's one of those holidays that Jeff doesn't get off. I guess that his work just isn't as appresiative of those Veteran's than others. It was kind a of quiet day. I had a dentist appointment -a cleaning and check-up and yippee - only one cavity! I was so excited. Ever since I can remember I've always had tons of cavities, so I was thrilled! yeah me! I have to go back today and get that taken care of but then I'm done for six months! My mom watched the kids while I was there, so I got to visit with her for a little while afterwards which is always nice, plus the kids love to see her.

After Mom left, we had lunch and I everyone took a nap (which is kind of rare these days) It was so quiet! I worked on one of my many projects for a little while and cleaned a bit too (can't ever get enough of that done) After the kids woke up, we went grocery shopping. And even though it was a monday it wasn't too bad, and the kids were even more behaved than normal. I don't think I had to yell once. (amazing)


Jeff was home when we returned, and everyone even helped carry in the groceries (except Eric) Then Jeff rode scooters with Andrew while Rachel and I made dinner. We even had a nice Family home evening with spiderman popsicles for treats (ANdrew picked! - his favorite part of family home evening is always treats, he talks about it all day.) It was a very pleasant day.

2 comments:

Nay said...

Its nice to a get a normal day when everything is run smoothly. I think Heavenly Father throws those in every once in a while so us moms don't give up completely.;)

The Wynn Family said...

I love normal days. Especially ones that don't involve tons of crying! By the way you sounded wonderful singing in Church. I was impressed!