Since we have 1 p.m. church this year, we let the kids try and stay up until midnight this year. They did pretty good. It probably helped that they were playing wii, up until about 11 p.m. - Eric and Rachel tuckered out about 15 minutes til, here they are at midnight...
Andrew though, was throughly esctatic that he made his goal of staying up that late. :) Here he is toasting in the new year. We got a six pack of little martinellis apple cidar for the occasion and some poppers that we went outside to pop at midnight.. and saw a friend and he kids walking down the street banging pots and pans. I thought it was cute.
Happy new years!
The next morning - January 1st - Rachel was dissappointed she didn't get to stay up and do her popper, but she quickly changed to happy when we told her she still could because we saved it for her. I made some 2012 pancakes for breakfast - an idea I saw on pintrest one of my favorite websites. We also filled out some 2011/2012 surveys that I'll keep for future reference. :0
Here's to a great new year!
Hoping it brings lots of peace and happiness to us all!
1 comment:
Love the pancakes! :)
Post a Comment