Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Halloween, my favorite holiday.  Yes, I love Christmas, but I love the creativity behind Halloween, coming up with costumes, figureing out how to do everything, dressing up....Then there's the fact that it is during my favorite season, Fall.  It finally starts to turn cool, and I feel like living again!  We had quite a miriad of fun filled halloween activities this year.  We went to the pumpkin patch for FHE a couple weeks ago.  I got a few cute picutes of the kids amongst the pumpkins.. :)

Being silly, the kids all rode a few rides each and we shared a funnel cake for our treat.  Yummy! I wouldn't buy a pumpkin at the patch, unless you paid for it...you can get one the same size at walmart for $4 vs. $30.  no brainer there...:)

I loved this one of Andrew and Bryant on top of the hay pyramid.. :)

My princess sitting pretty, and looking more grown up everyday!

'What are all these orange balls?  Just kidding, he kept saying 'Ball, ball'

The next exciting activity was the School trunk or treat night.   Here are our costume selections this year.  Eric is Buzz light year (Yes we are going with the whole Toy story theme this year.) RAchel is Jesse, and Bryant is Woody.  Andrew didn't want anything to do with that.. he just wanted to be Mario! and he made a great one!

Where's luigi? I love the mustache! It took me forever to find a costume close to his size. between jeff and I we went to at least 10 stores, and I still had to hem them up.

Decorating some halloween cookies at Grandma Woolfenden's house..Yummmm

more frosting....

Then exciting for me, I got to help out in Rachel's classroom fo her halloween party.  Thursday everyone got to wear their costume to school.   Here is Jesse with her friend Alexander deocrating their cookies.

And the great Costume parade! The whole school gets to show off their costumes.  Here's Jesse!

And Mario Andrew!

Rachel's Kindergarten class. and Mrs. Degoliers as well.

OUr little playgroup had a halloween playgroup too, we let the kids wear their costumes and a friend brought a pinyata to take down.. Bryant LOVED hitting the pinyata. and got mad when we took the bat away.

Eric's turn to try.

Rachel giving it a whack!

Next, Jeff's work had a theme to dress up for Halloween.. this year it was GREASE.  So here is my greaser babe at work.  He looked soo awesome!  Slick back hair, mutton chops, jeans and t-shirt...

And the jacket with the T-birds on the back....Again I say AWESOME!

For our ward party, Jeff and I dressed up in our chosen costumes for the year.  Jeff has always wanted to go go as Wolverine, so This was the year... He's been soo good at dressing up in all my ideas, I figured it was his turn to choose.  :)  Doesn't he make a great Wolverine... Hugh Jackman, eat your heart out!

THe kids just finishing up trunk or treat!

The whole family....by the way I am supposed to be Storm..another x-man character..

Then finally, for our Halloween evening, we stayed home and passed out candy, watching other peoples Costumes.  We had quite a few people come by.  Jeff wanted to be different so he wore my wig.  We had fun and I think Rachel and Eric really got into it,....getting sooo excited each time the bell rang...

While we waited for the trick or treaters, we were playing around in the front room... I loved this cute one,... Happy Halloween everyone... Until next Haunting... p.s. what were YOU? for halloween?

1 comment:

Cami said...

SUCH CUTE COSTUMES on your kids!!!
Bryce was Buzz as well.
I may yet get around to posting our Halloween pics.