Did anyone call for a ghostbuster?! I love my little ghostbuster man, he got the outfit from my brother and his wife - who are great shoppers! :)

Okay, I have to admit I love the new year. New beginnings, new chances to get things done right, no holidays for awhile. (not that I don't love holidays, but it's a nice down time from having so much to do with the holidays!) I like getting back to routines, even though I have loved the break and not 'having' to be anywhere at a certain time. I guess I like the chance to change things, to be a little better. Everything seems to look a little brighter.

The last week of vacation we had some good fun. You already know we went to the shark reef -kids are still talking about that. We also found this cool park and played on it over by Aunt Emily and Uncle Joel's house while we were picking up Aunt Jessie.
We had a little picnic lunch and played for awhile. Here are some fun pics of the kids playing there, Then for new years day we went to a place called 'King Putt' an indoor minigolf course. The kids loved it since it was all black light and everyone was 'glowing' I have to admit it was fun. It wasn't great for pictures though., this is really the only one that came out (on my lovely camera phone.)
AFter King putt, the kids were whining that they were hungery and wanted to go out to dinner. I'd already kind of planned to have leftovers for dinner since we needed to use them, so Jeff and I decided to take them to the "homefront diner" They asked where that was and we gave them our address. Then Jeff dropped me off and I quickly made some menus on the computer and a sign for the front door. Then when Jeff and the kids came back in about 5 minutes I greeted them as their server misty and showed them to their seat. They ordered off their menus and ate all their dinner - all the while asking 'misty' a miriad of questions about her life. (I have to admit it was fun to make up a make believe life. - I had 2 dogs, 6 sons, and ran the diner because I loved to cook. ) I think even Jeff thought it was fun. and the best part -used the leftovers and the bill only came to 2 hugs and 3 kisses - happily paid! )
This last picture, I just like. It's andrew and I on New years eve. The kids played games with Jeff while I took care of Bryant, then they went to bed. Nobody's asked to stay up late yet, we'll let them try when they do. It was a bit of a bummer night though since our converter box is still broken and couldn't see the fireworks on t.v. I finished a good book though (the last symbol) and went to bed just after midnight.

4 comments:
That is such a cute idea!
What a fun idea! I love the "homefront diner"!!
Such cute pictures everywhere!
Happy New Year, Becca!
That is the cutest idea--the homefront diner. I bet the kids loved it.
Post a Comment