Wednesday, October 7, 2009

fairy treasure, canning, cleaning carpets, and the dentist..

It's been a little busy around here. We've been trying to get a few things done, and have fun while doing them. I tried my hand at canning, or bottling peaches this year. - A great friend of mine came over and taught me and another friend how to do it. I still have some pears that I need to do, but haven't got to yet, since they were a little hard. It was fun. Next, My little Andrew is growing up so fast, first kindergarten and now this! - he lost his first tooth! We'd just had checkups last week and the dentist mentioned his loose teeth (i'd notice, they were getting loose, but hadn't checked them in awhile. ) So, when I went to check them and show my mom a couple of nights later, I looked in his mouth and the tooth was gone! I said, "Andrew, your tooth is gone!" No, it's not mom.... yep it was. We found it on the floor near my moms kitchen. He'd been eating an apple and it just popped right out. The new one is already coming in! (oh, they grow too fast - sigh!)AT the dentist! what big kids!The tooth fairy came that night and left Andrew a little letter and a dollar coin. (like treasure money!) HE was so excited! (now the tooth fairy has to make sure she has coin money on hand for the future!)

Smile toothless Andrew!
Next, I've been trying to get our carpets cleaned, one room at a time.... notice the before and after. They look and feel much better (it has been 5 years since we put the carpet in!)
And just for fun and new smily picture of the little guy! Gotta love him! - I do!

3 comments:

Cami said...

Fun post!
Ooh that baby! So cute!

The Wynn Family said...

Andrew, Congrats on your lost tooth. Yeah! Bryant's smile is too cute!

Nevada Woolfs said...

Hi Becca! You guys look great...it seems like forever since I've seen you...and we live so close too!