Wednesday, August 5, 2009

random stuff

Let's see - we have been doing pretty good around here (Knock on wood) life is starting to fall into a more normal pattern (rather than that of survival mode.) Last week I finally broke down and called the dentist, since I'd been living on ibprophen and had my one wisdom tooth pulled. Now I'm all better! (no more nagging headaches, not to mention toothache.) We have been doing swim lessons, library summer reading program, and trying to enjoy some time with family and friends. This last Sunday we blessed Bryant. Jeff gave a really nice blessing and we some family and friends that were able to join us. My best friend from high school, Amber, just had a baby a couple of weeks ago, so we were trying to take some good pictures of both Bryant and little Nathan together. The kids still love Bryant to death, but are learning when to play with him, and when not too. Bryant is a wonderful baby, he gets a little fussy in the evening, but then will sleep for 4, 5, or 6 hours straight, waking up only once at night to eat. (can't complain about that!) The weekend before last, for pioneer day, we celebrated with our stake at the annual pioneer day parade and breakfast. We enjoyed sitting and chatting with some friends, and even ran into a friend of Jeff's from high school. The parade is always fun, collecting all the candy thrown is probably the kids favorite part. After the parade is a pancake breakfast and then the fireman hose everyone down. (I didn't get any pictures of that this year, but Andrew and Jeff got pretty wet. ) After Breakfast we walked around to the many activities and enjoyed a cool treat!

3 comments:

The Wynn Family said...

I miss the 24th of july celebration... It looks like you guys had a great time

Cami said...

Lots of pictures...yay!

I'm glad you're not just in survival mode anymore.

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Bryant is getting so big! He looked very cute in his blessing outfit. I'm glad he's sleeping so well for you!

I've never been to the Pioneer Day Celebration here. It looks like so much fun!