Monday, July 20, 2009

Struggles....

Okay, it's been a week that I've struggled a bit. I feel like I am still in survival mode with me, home, kids, etc. Just wishing I could find a few minutes to myself to clean, or organize and find a little less chaos. I'm tired of telling the older kids not to pick up or jump over little Bryant (just trying to keep him from getting killed.) And tired of feeling like I could win the worst mother of the year award for yelling at my kids to listen. Plus, not really feeling really well and wondering why I'm not feeling well, the stressing about it. Well - it's a new week, and I need to quit stressing. I know that it all takes time, and I need to adjust my attitude a little. I just wanted to vent for a moment. I did get Bryant to the doctor this morning and figured out he has thrush - which as he nurses gives to me (and is also quite painful.) So, this could be a beautiful beginning - to feeling better with medical care. Maybe I'll feel more like getting some other things done as well. Here's to a new week full of promise! :)

8 comments:

Cami said...

Oh, Becca...
Good luck!
Sometimes you might just need to put Bryant behind a locked room (while he's content and has a monitor with him) to keep the adoring older siblings away.
Also, get a play date going for Andrew and/or Rachel. Even if it's just for an hour.
People (aka your ward friends) will understand that you're not going to reciprocate for a little while.

Our Little Hatch Family !!! said...

Hang in there, I can only imagine, but know that this too shall pass, you are not a bad mother, you are a wonderful mother that has moments of frustration when our "darling" little kids just want to miss behave and drive us CRAZY! Addy had thrush, but remember it too shall pass... as mothers sometimes we need a time out too! I only have one and I am taking a parenting course to help me out! You are not alone though...we all have tough weeks, months, etc. were we are trying to learn how to juggle and just have to remember to take each day as it comes, don't get ahead of yourself, hour by hour if need be, and try to turn to the Lord during the harder moments of stress! Good Luck, hang in there it will get better!

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry, It's so hard with little ones. When we come back from vacation, We'll have Rachel over. I'll call you when we get back :)

Kristine said...

Hey Rebecca, I know how you feel. I don't even have a new baby home yet and I feel stressed and feel like I am not being the best mom to my kids. I am sure you are doing the best you can.
If Andrew wants to come and play on Friday, he can. I can even come pick him up. Let me know.

Seegmiller Six said...

you guys are all so sweet - really I'm okay - just venting - thanks for letting me know it's okay and I'm not alone! :) (now if only I could get my doctors office to call me back!!!)

Mandy Waters said...

Hang in there!

Cami said...

Hope things are better!
thinking of you...

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

I hope your week has gone better!!! I can understand trying to keep a newborn alive! :) It's a hard time to have a new baby because it's so hot out! Hope you're doing okay!