Thursday, September 18, 2008

Catch a wave....

...and we're sitting on top of the world...... Yep - that's us, the whole family on one surfboard, I think we did pretty good. Didn't even get too wet! Sorry the pic's not great, it's from a poloroid (I didn't even know people still used them) It's from Jeff's company picnic last Saturday - the theme was "bon voyage" or "the love boat" (they even had people dressed up as Isaac, captian stubbing, and Julie. They had three different bounce houses as carnival games,cotton candy, snow cones, a bbq, a dj, limbo contest - which I entered, lost (Although I made it to the final eight), and was very sore from - I had to try the prize was $100. One of the bounce houses was a giant ship, like titanic, that looked like it was sinking so you slid down the deck - the kids loved it. Eric loved the one with a million balls inside, and it was hard to get him to come out.



I feel like life has been a wave lately, lots of busy new things, and enjoying the ride. Andrew started preschool last week. He goes three afternoons a week and absolutely loves it. His teachers say he listens really well, and I wonder who they are really talking about. Here he is on his first day and his cool new backpack! It's also been nice for Rachel I think, she and I get some quiet time together, since ERic is usually napping during preschool time. And she can watch a princess movie without the groans and moans from Andrew. (even though he sits and watches them, he has to make it known that they are 'girl' movies and he doesn't like girls - okay Andrew I get it!)



Andrew also started playing soccor - I guess that means I'm now a soccor mom- yikes! Andrew is the one in the red shirt - sorry my camera batteries died, this is the best one I got. Yesterday was his first practice - he didn't want to stop, ran up and down that field like there was no tomorrow and really paid attention to the coaches too. (and this morning excitedly asked if he had soccor again- which was quickly turned into disappointment, when he found out he doesn't have practice for another week.) After practice we ran to the kids friends superhero birthday party at the park and watched the kids be 'superheros to the rescue' for about 2 hours - it was such nice weather out and they were playing so well, we didn't want to leave. Plus it was nice talking to the moms and dads.
Life is good, we are all kickin.... till next time....

2 comments:

Cami said...

How fun!
So nice to see pictures of your kids in abundance!
They are so cute!

Garmire's said...

I love that they're playing together. I should've taken pictures. I don't think about those things anymore.