Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Rachel turns 3!!!

Rachel turned three last week - it literally seemed like a birthday week too. By the time we actually got to her birthday on Tuesday (I for one) was birthdayed out! Sunday, we had all the grandma's, grandpa's, aunts, uncles, and cousins over for a birthday party. Rachel picked Strawberry Shortcake as her birthday theme this year. (I let the kids decide what kind of cake they want and then we go from there.) She loved her cake and presents, blew her candles out and was so excited that it was her birthday. Ready, Set, Blow!! (Andrew keeps asking me when his birthday is. ) (This was so funny - Rachel recieved this really cute sign to hang in her room - it says TGIF (this girl is fun) - She thought it was great and thinks it works great for a purse too! - she's been carrying it around all week. - I think I need to get it hung up!)
The next night we took the family out to dinner for Rachel's birthday (just our family - this is my favorite thing. We went Monday, since Jeff had to work late on Tuesday her actual birthday. We had a gift certificate to Olive Garden, so we decided to go there. Rachel loved having them sing happy birthday to here - it was a nice night out and everyone was so well behaved. Then on Tuesday Rachel turned three - we decided to skip tumbling class for the day and go to kids club. What an exciting coincidence that the character Boo the clown brought with him was Strawberry Shortcake - Rachel was so happy - she even gave her a hug (usually she stays away from the characters) She was given a birthday hat and got to choose a prize from the table - I'm going to venture to say that she had a good birthday(s). HAppy birthday to my sweet girl!

6 comments:

Cami said...

What an adorable cake! Did you make that?!
Rachel is so precious. Happy Birthday, little one!

Lisa said...

What an AWESOME cake!! Strawberry shortcake was my favorite too. I used to have all the dolls. My mom still has them at her house, only now they have no clothes! (I'm going to blame my little sisters for that!)

I love the picture of you and Rachel - it's so sweet. Girls are so fun :)

The Wynn Family said...

Happy Birthday Rachel! The cake is amazing. I have to agree with Lisa, strawberry shortcake was my favorite too.

Mandy Waters said...

Great Cake!!!! Did you make it?? That's the big question. Where is this Kid's Club?

Nay said...

great birthday for Rachel, lots of fun and family and cake! Good job on the cake.

Bridget said...

Agreed! The cake is a winner. Great job!