Well, We are back, now we have to live in the real world instead of vacation world - which is so nice! We had a blast in california and were wishing we could have stayed longer (too bad I had a class to get back to Friday night. ) Here's my little narative of the trip. We drove into town about 5 p.m. (a little later than planned, but still well within our time frame to meet up with my brother and his wife.) We checked into our hotel - which was great!!!! I had pricelined the hotel and got one fairly inexpensive - a 3 star too. I think I was more excited about that than anything. THen we went out to dinner with Sam and Retta - a place called Fudruckers - It's a great burger place if you haven't ever been. It was my first time. Yummy! I didn't get any pictures - forgot the camera. We had a great time though visiting with Sam and Ret and then headed back to the hotel, where three kids were not even tired, having sat in the car all day! Finally fell asleep about 11 p.m. The next three days we hit the parks - Day one was Disneyland:
Finding Nemo, the monerail,
toon town, astro blasters, rockets, tarzans house, pirates..... (Sam meet up with us for a coupld of hours and the kids loved having him around. (Me too! )
Day 2 - was California Adventure - Jeff and I had never been (neither had the kids of course) we absolutely loved it! The rides were great so much for the little kids too. We rode lots of rides and saw a show, even got a free tortilla in the factory! One of Andrew and Rachel's favorite things to do at California Adventure was to watch the California Screamin Roller coaster take off - "Ready Screamers - 5,4,3,2,1....." They would say it with them over and over.
This was great since that gave Jeff and I opportunity to actually ride the roller coaster (thanks also in part to single rider service - we kept trading off!) I'm in this coaster- second seat backwaving to the kids who are counting down!) Day 3 - we started in California and ended up at Disneyland - finishing off some rides and shopping we wanted to do.
and Finished with the Parade. The weather was awesome, it wasn't too crowded being the end of Feb. (I can't imagine doing this with three little ones in the middle of summer!)
the hotel was great, and we tired the kids out every night! Here are a few more of my favorite pictures: Our Run in with the Incredibles- None of the kids would actually go up and talk to or stand by any of the characters - but Jeff did with this one! Rachel now talks about how she met the incredibles!Now, back to real life and laundry and dishes, etc. It was a great vacation!Eric Hanging out in the stroller!

Rachel in front of the Grizzley Bear river raft ride at California!
Waiting for our shuttle bus (another of the kids favorite rides) the last night at the parks! We are all tired out!
6 comments:
Wow - What Fun!! I'm not showing Hannah the picture of The Incredibles - she would beg and beg to go. Right now they are her favorite Disney Characters.
You guys look so cute! I'm glad you had such a great time but I missed you!
I'm so glad you guys had fun! Now you need a vacation from your vacation, at least thats how I always feel.
I'm so jealous! Glad you guys had a fun time!
Fun Fun Fun Fun-- It looks like it was wonderful weather and not too many people. That is so cool. Acadia was jealous-- especially because Disneyland is where the princesses live you know!
I'm glad that you guys had such a great time! 3 days in the Park??? You guys must have been EXHAUSTED!
I love California Adventure too!
Post a Comment