Saturday, February 16, 2008

Where have we been?

Well to answer this question is nothing exciting, just that I haven't sat down to blog much lately. My extra time online has mostly been used to finish online assignments for my pde classes. I finished the Newspaper class and now am in the middle of taking Microsoft Excel (learning how to make spreadsheets.) and Stress and the sane teacher. The Excel class is good, I've never much used the excel that exsists on my computer and it's good to know how. I love the Stress class though. The teacher is hilarious and brings a lot of good information in a really fun way. (Very low stress! :) This week and next I have/had classes three nights a week. Once I finish these two I have 3 more to go.

The kids - have been busy redecorating the house - they seem to want wall to wall toys. I'm not that enthusiastic about it and may have them try another direction today - say maybe organization. We've built football stools at home depot, shopped for birthdays, played out side in the nice weather, and watch far too much backyardigans. Andrew is loving his preschool and tumbling class, and had a valentines party in preschool on tuesday. He was so excited. The day before, we sat down and wrote his valentines (I had him write his name - with my help - on each) By the end he was writing the An all by himself and was quite proud. Then, the day of the party he got to deliver all his valentines to his classmates - he talked about it all day. Rachel of course had to make some valentines, since Andrew was, so we cut out some hearts for her and took them to friends at playgroup. Rachel is doing great with potty training, not 100% there, but maybe 85%! Yippee! I'm down to only one set of diapers!

Valentines day was nice, Jeff and I actually got a sitter (that wasn't family) and went out to dinner. Our tradition is to try a new place to eat on Valentines - so this year we tried the Hot Rod Grille - since we figured that it wasn't a real romantic place it might not be too busy, and we were right. It was great- I didn't have to cook and I was out with my husband and no kids! and the food wasn't to bad either! We had to laugh, as we paid and our server said "have a nice evening and happy thanksgiving, wait, no not thanksgiving - valentines day." (must have been quite the day for him. :)

Time is up - need to hit the ground running now. Have a great day!

No comments: