
Yesterday - was a busy day, it could have been a bad day, but with a little help and some of those tender mercies, it was pretty calm. First, Andrew's preschool class and it was a good day, plus Eric went in the romper room and loved it. Because Andrew had such a good day we went to cosco and had a hot dog lunch - His favorite. Then we looked around for awhile and got a few odds and ends that we were out of. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Jeff came home early from work, since he is feeling under the weather. Back to costco - I pile everyone in the van, and no juice. It won't start. (now, Our van has been doing this occasionally lately - I thought it was just from the kids leaving the lights on, but it's done it a couple of times for no reason.) So there I sat. I did have jumper cables, however the cars around me are all vacant, so no one to jump the car. I must say the whole experience did remind me that there are good people all around. I had many people stop and ask if they could help, even a mechanic walking by doubled back and took a look. (He said it was most likely a bad battery) Well, we finally got it started, thanks to a nice man who parked next to me (with a very cool accent.) Poor Andrew needed to go to the bathroom at this point, but I couldn't leave the van running and Eric and Rachel (who were now sleeping into the car.) So, poor wet, andrew and I piled in and drove home, where gratefully (and maybe just in good timing) I could leave sleeping RAchel and Eric home, while a changed Andrew and I proceeded to Autozone to have the battery checked. Ahh, this is getting long, to make it short. Battery bad, buy new one...Glad it's not a worse problem. Home just in time for visit teachers. I was grateful for the peace of mind I seemed to have the whole time and for timing of it all -
4 comments:
Sorry about missing VT. I totally forgot about it...I can be such a space cadet.
glad you were able to figure out te problwm with your car. i have had some nice people help me out at SamsClub before. it is kind of nice to have car problems because you get to meet some cool people that you wouldn't have other wised talked to at all.
and i understand the whole bathroom fiasco stuff. it is great to have kids potty trained but when you can't get them to a bathroom it is so hard. curtis was devastated yesterday because he couldn't get the bathroom door open and peed his pants.
Well, awesome...when it's all over, right?
Poor Andrew.
May your weekend be wonderful!
Sounds like a rough day. You handled very well. Me I think I would have probably headed home and stayed there until Brad could come and fixed it. Hopefully this will be the last of the car troubles--
Post a Comment