Saturday, July 3, 2010

Arizona Trip

Right after Bryant's birthday - we decided to run off to Arizona mountains and enjoy some cooler weather!  By we I mean myself and the kids.  Jeff had to work, since it was a late decision.   My mom was going to the cabin and asked if we wanted to go too - OF COURSE!  First, and foremost we got to stop and visit Grandma Great! This is my mom's mom. She lives in Lakeside.  We had a nice visit and I was glad to see she was feeling better.  (she'd recently been hospitalized.)  The first picture here is of the twins - born 75 years apart.  Both their birthdays are sept. 19th.  Next, I tried to take a picture of all the big kids and grandma, well you can see how well that turned out.  oh well - everyone is there -with Brad in the background even! Next, on to the cabin (about another 45 minutes away - and to me will always feel like home. ) I spent so many summers here as a child, with my parents or great grandparents (Jeff and Buelah Perkins who built the cabin.)  She taught me to sew in her sewing room here.   We did some hiking - and found this group of horse riders - one even asked if we wanted to pet theirs - Eric was the only one brave enough. Aunt Ellyn was with us too. Here's Andrew, Rach, and Eric alongside the little Colorado River in Greer, Arizona! Back at the cabin - making up games - this one was really random - the rules kept changing and had something to do with spinning the lid to the pan.Little man Bryant and I hiking along the river.Little man enjoying an apple Eric left down...yum.Out on the porch of the cabin - playing with fun activities left by awesome Aunts!  (kept them entertained for hours! )  AndJust to show the temperature - not even eighty! Yes! love it!Well, we got to stay for five days, then we had to come home.  The kids all cried when we left, (I cried on the inside.)  They all did amazing on the trip, we listened to books on tape and songs and watched the trains, and fires.  We drove by the Snowflake Temple - I was going to take them on the grounds, but it was Monday and they were closed.  We stopped for 50 cent cones at mc'donalds during bathroom breaks - I love Eric's face - he always has the greatest expressions....:)And finally since we were going past Flagstaff, I decided to try and get a picture of the summer forest fire close up.  I think it is out now. (or hope)  made for a cool picture.  :)  we made it back, just to wash laundry and get ready for the next adventure - coming soon to a post near you!

No comments: