Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Summer in full swing...

Well it seems as if summer is upon us.  Let me be honest, summer is not my favorite season.  It is far too hot here in Las Vegas to do anything besides swim or play in the water and that still involves sunscreen and being outside....but I am striving to enjoy summers more, so for my benefit here is a list of the pros of summer - no more HAVING to be anywhere at 8:30 in the morning.  We can sleep in - although I don't generally - my body seems to wake up at about 5 every day lately...But that's okay with me because then I get a few things done before the rest of the house is up... All the kids are home..Yes- I do enjoy spending time with my children, just wish it was cooler so we could go on more adventures outdoors - okay there I go again.... Bad Becca, no more complaining.  No homework, the kids are big enough to dress themselves when we go swimming.  eating popscicles, drinking lots of water, parades for the 4th and 24th of july, MY birthday, Bryant's birthday, Andrew's birthday, family reunions, camping..... See there's lots to be excited about!  We have already done some swimming, some playing in water, even in our dirt backyard, with the help of a tarp and blow up pool that was given to us.  We've had some goose eggs around the house too - Bryant seems to like bonking his head on the same spot lately and man does it look bad. - the picture really doesn't do it justice, it's gone down nicely too.  We also visited the Bass Pro Shop the other day - we were looking for a new tent for camping (our old four man just won't cut it anymore!)  They had so much 'free fun" stff going on. Here the boys are fishing into the bucket-headed fish.  Andrew got one and won a prize.They really liked this, and each picked out the pole they wanted, even though they didn't get one. :)We taught Bryant to play Piano...or he juts    made it     up...And we did some fun experiments.  Here in the background is three   jars with sugar water. we are trying to grow sugar crystals.   We'll see how it goes.  Andrew decided they should be blue.

Here's to a great summer. - We're off to a nice start! :)

1 comment:

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

I love the first picture of Rachel and Eric. It's adorable!!! You'll have to tell me about the sugar crystals! I love doing experiments!