Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Escaping the heat and KINDERGARTEN!

It seems like we have been really busy lately. Andrew reached a new milestone last week and started Kindergarten! He loves to go (even though getting used to going everyday has been a little tough.) He has some good friends in his class and enjoys his teacher. He was so excited to turn in his first homework assignment, I had to take a picture. I hope that he keeps his enthusiasm for school and learning throughout his life. :)

Today Jeff took the day off to attend the temple for our stake temple day, after he did that and Andrew got out of school for the day, we decided to escape the heat of las vegas for a few hours. (I tell you I'm really ready for autumn to be here with a little cooler weather.) By the time we reached Mount Charleston it was a full 30 degrees cooler (as shown by the car temp.) It was soooo nice. We had a picnic lunch and then took a little hike up the cathedral rock trailhead. We didn't make it all the way to the top, but we weren't prepared for a full on hike, we just wanted to play around a little. We all enjoyed the outing and driving back into vegas was like slowly coming to a boil.... :) Enjoy the pictures!All my cuties heading up the mountain!Rachel roo strikes a pose.We found this awesome log that someone carved seats out of. The kids though it was a great place to rest. Eric being the wind. whoooo (you had to see it - it was so funny!)

Me and my guys! :)

4 comments:

Chad, Natalie, Russell, and Autumn said...

We love Mount. Charlston, the temperature is prefect there. Looks like you all had a blast.

Sarah Sidwell said...

Looks like fun! Your new little guy is so cute!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

What a handsome kindergartner!!!

I agree-bring on autumn! It looks like you guys had a wonderful autumn!!

Michele and Todd said...

You have a beautiful little family of your own Becca. I just spent many hours with Nancy Hopkin. We even went to the LV Temple together, and I told her about your little family. She was happy to hear about you!